Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Halloween = My Favorite Holiday


…almost. I mean, nothing beats Christmas, but Halloween is pretty awesome, and it's in 10 days!!! I've had Monster Mash stuck in my head all day, haha.
I haven't skipped a year trick-or-treating since I was two years old, and I'm still going strong =] I've never, EVER bought a Halloween costume – I always make mine.

Let's count down my Halloween costumes the past few years…
--4th Grade (I think): a raisin with my sister. We wore black turtlenecks and pants and then put big garbage bags over us, painted our faces black, and carried around a box of Raisin Bran all night. It was so funny.
--8th Grade: a dartboard

--9th Grade: a pirate
--10th Grade: Mr. Monopoly man (Sylvia was a monopoly board, and it was the sweetest thing EVER. This isn't a very good picture of it, but here:
Monopoly Halloween
--THIS YEAR: a letter. As in, a postal letter. (Sylvia wants to be a mailbox. Any ideas on how to pull that off???)



PS: I got an award from Inside the Cabinet of Wonder for being the Cutest Blog!! Yay =]

Because I don't have a ton of time right now, I'm not going to pass on the award yet. But I will in a post very very soon!!

25 comments:

J. said...

Oh you clever thing you! The raisin costume sounds adorable beyond reason! I'm still coming to a decision for this year... I have to go rummage through my closet though...

As for the mailbox (also very clever, actually, I am quite impressed!) all I can think is: REALLY big box. Hope you post photos - it'll be brilliant!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Congrats dear... a letter so sounds interesting indeed...how much stamps??? ;)

AusAnna said...

hahaha thats so cool. i wish we did halloween in australia like that. boo

Nicola said...

halloween is so much fun.

oh i listened to the soundtrack so much..my roommates did really get annoyed with me! hehe. everytime they watch juno now, they see me, as the first song reminds them of me playing the soundtrack..haha.
oh i love all the songs, but i am in love with belle and sebastian, kimya dawson and the moldy peaches :)
what about you??
i havnt listened to it in such a long time...i think i will go put it on now :D
nicola

DaisyChain said...

Wow, your ideas are awesome.
Haha,
we don't really celebrate Halloween over here,
but I might dress up just because ;)

yiqin; said...

OMG monopoly?!?! AWESOME! I haven't decided what to be yet! But I kinda want to be Sleeping Beauty!

saray said...

I tagged you in my blog

Lexie said...

one time my older brother put a piece of bread on his head and said he was toast! that's the silliest costume ever i think.

meliindaa. said...

those are such creative costumes!

Sharon S said...

Hi there-great Halloween pictures!!

FASHION CHALET said...

Daffy and Bugs, the 'ol switcheroo, I love it! :)

Thanks for your comment.

xo/ fashion chalet

yiqin; said...

Ahhh so fun! I have never celebrated halloween before :(

Lexie said...

ps. would you like to trade links?

Vintage Lollipops said...

Congrats sweetie... don't you just adore dressing up for Halloween!

Great pics btw!!

lara said...

love all the costumes, I wish more people would celebrate halloween over here..

Anonymous said...

i'm going to be a sailor! ahoy matey! lol lol have fun tommorow!

nv said...

Oh thats so cute! I'm going to be a vampire for halloween :). The letter sounds like a great idea, I don't think I've ever seen that before

Anonymous said...

i love halloween! i'm so excited to dress up! :)

xoxo,
La C

ps - those are such cute photos!

..... said...

wow lol !! it seems like u had a lot of fun !! lucky u !!

Rebecca Jane said...

halloween is so fun. I would love to see how the letter idea (so great!) turned out.

BiLLiON $$$ said...

i loooooooooooove that first pic bugs bunny is like my fave cartoon eva :)

BiLLiON $$$ said...

yah they r :)

Lexie said...

i hope you're doing well!

Vera said...

What a fun post! That raisin costume is such a great idea! Congratulations on the award!!

Nicola said...

oh please post soon..how i miss you.
i have given you a gift on my blog, enjoy...and i hope to speak soon! miss you times a million!
:(