Saturday, March 28, 2009

&tags;

I should catch up on my tags! I always forget to do them.

1) First of all, I got a lovely award, the "Kreativ Blogger" award, from Sara!
There's no image for it, it's just a nice text award :)

2) the 'Show Your Heart' tag. With as much creativity as you can muster, show your heart in: 1 picture, 1 poem, 1 song/piece of music, 1 phrase or quote, 1 piece of clothing, 1 place, and (just for fun) 1 Disney princess.

Picture:

That's me when I was really little at Sesame Place. I think the glowiness of it adds to its magical effect. It reminds me of childhood and carefreeness and everything I want to go back to!

Poem:
This poem has been my favorite since we studied it in 7th grade. I'm not sure why. I just really like structured rhyming poems that don't sound corny. That's a pretty impressive feat.

Stopping By Woods On a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Song:
The Show by Lenka. It's so meaningful and Lenka's voice is lovely. I just spent 10 minutes trying to embed a video of it, but I can't seem to figure out how! Look it up on Youtube if you haven't heard it :)

Quote:
"Every person you meet can teach you something new."

I don't know who said it or anything, it's just a phrase someone told me once. I love it, and I keep it in mind every time I'm around strangers.

Piece of Clothing:
I desperately want The Stylish Wanderer's crinoline:




Place:

For some reason, I desperately want to go to wherever this fruit market is located. It just seems so cultural and .. awesome. (This picture is actually my desktop!)

Disney Princess:

Ever since I was little, I've always felt some sort of connection with Ariel. I think we're soulmates. :)


3) the 'Questions' tag. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention; add a question of your own.

What is your current obsession? My father's closet, floral skirts and dresses, and Adam Lambert.
What are you wearing right now? A black casual dress, blue tights, an oversized jean shirt, and painted shoes. I'll post a picture soon. :)
Who was the last person you hugged? I think my mom
If you were a tree, what tree would you be? sassafras! three kinds of leaves, all different, and a yummy lemony taste.
What’s for dinner? i'll find out when i get home!
What was the last thing you bought? a new pair of skinnies (Calvin Klein. I love them to death.)
What are you listening to right now? nothing, i'm in the library
What is your favourite weather? seventy-five degrees, no humidity, beach sky (cloudless.)
What’s on your beside table? I don't have a bedside table.
Say something to the person/s who tagged you. I love you Nicola! You're an awesome penpal and the best photographer-blogger ever.
If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be? new york..please! [yes i stole Nicola's answer.]
Where are you typing from right now? the public library.
A book you're currently reading? I just finished The Grapes of Wrath (Steinbeck) for school, and I'm going to start The Mother Tongue (Bill Bryson) as soon as I have time. I'm a word junkie :)
What would you like to have in your hands right now? A McDonald's ice cream cone. I HATE McDonalds, but their ice cream is better than gourmet :o (plus, it's a huuuge cone for only like 200 calories! Mmmm.)
What is your favourite tea flavour? chamomile. no sugar or anything. just straight chamomile.
What did you eat for breakfast? Oatmeal! I have oatmeal every single day. Sometimes I put random things from my kitchen in it, like fruit or honey or raisins or pudding or dry cereal or chocolate or anything else I can get my hands on that would taste good.
What did you want to become as a child? the "cookie man" at the supermarket. I wanted to be the bakery person who made the sweets so I could eat them all xP
What is your fantasy? This isn't a fantasy, it's what I'm actually going to do. After I graduate college, I'm taking very little money and going to Europe with only a backpack of essentials and I'm going to live like the average European. No fancy hotels or expensive cafes. I'm going to sleep on park benches and just ... live. (This idea was inspired by the book 13 Little Blue Envelopes!)



I'm a pretty lazy person. Plus I don't have enough blogger-friends to award each thing to several different people. The awardees can pick which ones they want to do. Sooo, the award and both tags are ALL awarded to:
demi
jennifer
rubot
sammi-lise
lydia
morena
emily

26 comments:

sammi-lise ^_^ said...

thanks :)

i always wanted to do those tags, and the award is super cool :)

more to add to le super post

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Yay!!! Thanks for tagging me. That was so sweet. I can't wait to get started on this.
That pic of you at Sesame Place is SO CUTE btw. :)
And now I really want an ice cream cone from McDonalds. LOL. I'm so happy they're cheap (and apparently not as bad for me as I thought, thanks for telling me that).

Demi said...

yay thanks for this honey, I love it :)
your answers are so lovely! and I love that photo of you when you were little!

xx

starbrained said...

I LOVE STOPPING BY THE WOODS ON A SNOWY EVENING!!
It's such a great poem.
Yay for being a word junkie.

Nicola said...

hey lady! i love your show your heart photo, its amazing!
ah new york, yes please!! i long to live there forever and ever!!! :)
i saw on one of your posts the new america's next top model has started!! yay, i did not know this, so i am watching it now!! :D
hope you are well!!!
nicola
xx

Unknown said...

Well thanks so much Sophia.
Gosh I love your name.
It's one of my best friend's names.

Tari said...

You have an amazing blog!
Congrats on the award!

yiqin; said...

Ah yes, the stylish wanderer photos are awlays so amazing

Mary said...

I love all the pictures! Especially the fruit stand, you should see the market here! It's really lovely.

Sammy said...

GREAT BLOG :)

im so glad you like mine, yours is great too!

stay in touch!
xxx

Lexie said...

awww! i love your picture from the heart tag. i love how you're reaching up to him.

Sammy said...

Aw loved reading this-too cute!

And I found her just browsing through Etsy!

xxx

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment! I really like the pics you used to answer that tag! The market pic looks so colorful!! I love it!

Have a wonderful day! :)

Elizabeth Victoria Clark said...

Love all these questions, thats my favourite poem too! :) xx

please sir said...

Congrats on the award and fun tag!

SparkleQueen said...

:) cute pictures and thank you thank you so much for the award! this is so nice of you! :)

E

l said...

oh wow, beautiful picture of the marketplace
wish I was there now...

Lydia O'Connor said...

Aw thanks for the tag! I am v.v. excited. I will probably spend a ridiculous amount of time thinking of answers and I will never get to my pesky homework...oh well!
And your pictures/answers are all so cute and fitting. Ariel was always my favorite as well : )

Annie said...

1. stopping by woods on a snowy evening is so lovely! i had to memorize it in third grade :)
2. "the show" is such a pretty song.
3. i love that outfit of stylish wanderer's.
4. your masthead is really adorable.
5. i totally love your blog! please let me know if you would like to exchange links :)

http://anniediamond.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Haha, we all love her pink sunglasses! :)
And you're welcome, I'm already curious for your next header ;)
Have a nice Saturday! x

Sharina said...

I love your site, girl! :-)
Do you mind if I add you to my faves? Link exchange? :)

Victoria said...

What an adorable picture of with sesame ! Soo cute !

Lauren said...

i would be ariel too! cool market pic!

AliceSeagull said...

Ohh, this is very lovely tag!
IU like the qoute, piece of clothes and a picture (that fruit look so yummy!)

Anonymous said...

I have was in love with Ariel, when I was younger. I always wanted her long red hair.

Ilyssa said...

That's amazing that you are gonna go backpacking like that! I don't know many fashionistas who would be willing to sleep on a park bench ;)!